Friday, October 24, 2008

YIKES!


Well, I'm officially freaked out. We recently had another home invasion in our neighborhood. YIKES! Is the only word I can describe how I am feeling.

About a month or so ago we had another one here too. What is happening to our world? How do you explain things like this to our kids?

When I was a Freshman in high school, my sisters and I were home when a man broke into our house and started ransacking the place. He never knew we were home, Thank God, and he was arrested in our kitchen. I will NEVER forget the sound of the police shouting "Freeze, Newington Police". And I think I have never been the same.

Now we lock our doors, set safety locks on the windows, dead bolts everywhere and our trusted Sophie barking...why? Because these brazen criminals think they can just invade our homes, even when we are home!

No comments: