Saturday, April 18, 2009

It won't be like this.

I heard a song recently that I guess has been out for a little while now, but to me it was new. It is called "It Won't Be Like This for Long" by Darius Rucker.
Yep, the former lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish. I used to say to Gordon, "what happened to Hootie" (I've always been a fan), and he would reply "he doesn't have anything else to say". I guess that wasn't true.
Darius went out on his own and jumped onto the country scene. As many of you know I have gone a little country myself.

Anyway, I digress.

If you have a daughter or even a child, no matter how old he or she is...this is a tear jerker for sure. (or atleast for saps like me) Or even if you are a family member to small children...

The offical video is on YouTube. Grab some tissues and click here.


I guess everyone knows that time flies. And everyone wishes it went a little slower.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, it won't be like this for long. But then there will be another new stage with it's many treasures and "special" moments. And then another stage with more "special" times. Enjoy and cherish every moment in every stage. And someday it will start all over with grandchildren. Where have the last 36 years gone?

Amy and Andrew said...

Man, isn't that the truth. Where does the time go? He wears country well, don't you think?

AP said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love this song!! It makes me cry every single time I hear it. I can't believe how fast time flies by! Thanks for calling me and knowing that I would love this song. You were right! Love you!