Monday, July 28, 2008

Saying Goodbye


Saying goodbye is never easy. Whether it is to a child as you go off to work, a sibling who is leaving to go back home which happens to be far away from you, or someone who you've known forever and grown up with that has passed on. Yesterday my big-brother-in-law's Mom passed away. She was a wonderful lady who always treated me and my sisters almost as her own kids.
We met her when I was still in high school, actually early high school, and she has been in our lives ever since. I posted this picture of Hammonassett Beach State Park here too because she LOVED being at the beach camping. Plus this is how I will always remember her. Her camper at the beach, smiling as she told Gordon and I how to park our camper on our site.
Another thing I will never forget is how she always signed cards "love, the "Elder" Dortenzios"...loved it!

Click here to read her obituary.

I will truly miss you Mrs. Dortenzio!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,
This is a beautiful posting on your blog to a really BEAUTIFUL lady, inside and out. We will all miss her and will remember her whenever we think of camping at the beach! We are blessed to have known and loved her.
Love,
AP

Amy and Andrew said...

To all who knew and loved Mrs. Dortenzio, we are so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Karen,
Yes, indeed, she was a "wonderful lady" who lived life right to the end with great dignity. She was a good friend and a wonderful member of our extended family. Until we meet again...