Monday, July 14, 2008

True Friends

(photo courtesy of Andrew)

Well, this weekend Gordon and I (and the kids) spent time with some of my truest friends. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday...three (actually five, including their hubbies) true friends. It was definitely what I needed. Thank you guys! I love you all!


Recently there was a comment on one of my posts about what a true friend is. My brother-in-law posted a story, that if you didn't read it went like this:

So there's this guy who falls into a hole. The walls are so steep he can't climb out. A priest walks by and he calls up, "hey father, can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer and throws it down to him. Then a doctor walks by and he calls up, "Hey doc, can you help me out?" The doctor writes out a prescription and tosses it down to him. Then a great friend walks by and he calls up to him, "hey buddy, can you help me out?" His buddy jumps down in the hole. He says, " what the heck are you doing?!?!?! Now we are both down here!" The friend says, "yeah but, I've been down here before and I know the way out."

You can always count on your real, true friends. (Thanks, Chuck!)

How do you describe true friends? What does the word friend mean to you?

As many of you know, the relationships that I have in my life are extremely important to me. I know all too well, how quickly they can be gone. A friend to me is someone who I can call at at time during the day or night, any day of the week, or any day of the year and they will be there for me. I feel lucky to have these kinds of people in my life. I can think of a number of friends who I feel like I can call them about anything, and I will not be judged or anything. I think I will call one right now!
These friends are a "not so" small thing that definitely gives me inner strength.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi True Friend.....

Love this blog and love you! You are one of those people for me. Just wanted you to know. Did you call me today...just saw it on my caller ID. I will call you tomorrow (actually it already is tomorrow, so I will call you today!)

Jenn

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed to have friends; I believe that friends/relationships are only found on a two-way street. It was many times said to me by someone very important in my life that we all have many acquaintances, but probably only a few real friends. Enjoy your friends AND acquaintances.
Love, Mom