Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful for...


Well, here it is...Thanksgiving. I love this holiday, although it got alittle tainted 8 years ago. When I think about giving thanks, I can't help but think of all the wonderful little things or even big things that I have in my life. I decided to focus on the happy things this year. What makes me tick? What makes me thankful? What are the things that make me who I am? Humm...it got me thinking.

I came up with this list of five things I am thankful for this year:
1. My husband and marriage---Gordon, you are my best friend. I would not be the same without you. You make me smile everyday. We are truly partners in this marriage. We look to each other for guidance and strength. Equal partners, equals in every way. You are the most special gift that I am thankful for. Thank you!
2. My Kids---There was a time in my life when I thought I would never be a Mom. Well, God just had a different plan for us. Now I have the most wonderful little ones. I remember when I was pregnant with Ian, good friends told me that it is amazing how much love you have for kids in your heart. I worried I wouldn't have enough for two...but boy do I!
3. My Family---Mom G, Mom D, Dad D, Char, Sue, Chuck, Keith, Eric, Andrew, Amy, and Sarah!!! Plus all the wonderful nieces and nephews I have, and extended family...aunts, uncles, cousins. I am surrounded by people who love me. Even if I don't see or talk to them everyday, I feel their love!
4. My Friends---I am so lucky to have many great friends in my life. Each one of you teach me something about myself everytime I see you, talk to you, or just think of you. Each of you contribute to who I am...make me stronger each day. Thank you for your love!
5. My Health---I recently had some scary things related to my health, that I will continue to struggle with, but for the most part I am a healthy, happy 35 year old. I need to remember to be thankful for this too.

I'm sure I could go on and on about my gifts in life that I am thankful for, but these are the ones that are foremost in my mind. If I kept listing, I'm afraid you all would stop reading.

So, tell me what five things are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

2 comments:

Amy and Andrew said...

Hope you all have had a wonderful Thanksgiving... I know we have! Right now, I'm thankful for fabulous family, good conversation, tasty food and a warm bed.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my family, health, jobs, a roof over our heads and the fact that I live in the United States!