Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rocket Man!

I have been following a blog called Sew Mama Sew for some time now. They have so many great ideas and fun things to try. Over the past few weeks leading up to Christmas they had these Handmade for the Holidays features, where they would feature a variety of ideas that other readers of the blog had.
I used one idea to make these Christmas gifts. Rocket ships and little men to ride in them. I found this one on the Sew Mama Sew blog, which linked me here. The link gave me instructions and a pattern to follow.



I actually made three of these for three very special little boys, who are very near and dear to my heart for Christmas. I think they were a hit. Pretty easy and pretty cute, huh?

ps. This is my 50th post!!! Thanks for faithfully reading. :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cool, Karen! I love those little people that go in it!

the long thread said...

Those look great! Glad your kids liked them. It's always hit or miss at my house with handmade toys.

pj said...

Just popped from the Sew Mama Sew Forums.

I love your rocket ships! So cute!

carrie klepacz said...

they are very cute & evan (and mom)loves his rocket! there's something extra special about a handmade gift! thank you!